Sunday, December 31, 2017

Butterly experience watching butterfly!

Butterfly larvae are actually what we call caterpillars. Caterpillars in this stage all they do is eat. When the egg hatches, the caterpillar will start his work and eat the leaf they were born onto. Here I have taken some pictures in stage by stage.

As per my observation in garden, Butterflies get attracted to lemon plants or curry leaves to hatch their eggs.


Here it started growing in short period by consuming leaves, my lemon plant in pot almost become naked.


Here is the clear shots of fully grown caterpillar on curry leaf plant.


Here it's almost changed.


After couple of days, it starts hanging by releasing thin silky thread stuck to support.


Here one more taken from Aloevera plant. 


Here is the new avatar.



Wow! what a transformation.

1 comment:

rosemary said...

I have also been entranced watching the metamorphosis of a caterpillar into a butterfly! Like you said they choose the lemon plants in particular and love chewing on the tender leaves. I've had quite a few of these visitors on my balcony garden, Raj
Very nice pics chronicling the process of transformation!